Project ManagementSeparate management of a project from the design & execution.The objective here is to provide overall planning....
We ensure best service
We provide projects’ management to our clients and we always recommend this so that the client is able to separate the management function of a project from the design and execution functions. The objective here being to provide overall planning, co-ordination and control of a project from inception to completion aimed at meeting a client’s requirements in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project that will be completed on time within authorized cost and to the required standards.
We are able to bring different professionals and specialists into the project team at the right time to enable them make their best possible contribution efficiently, from their knowledge and experience. Among the actions we undertake as project managers here is a brief summary as follows:
- Inception stage. Once the client has made a business decision of wanting to put up a new development, then as project managers we come in to test the feasibility of the proposed project and establish its objectives.
- Strategy stage. Here we lead the project team and help the client to set overall objectives, select project team members or professionals, determine actual procurement approach, set up control systems that will guide the project through the final post completion period, advise on and manage risk.
- Pre-construction stage. Here together with the client we are able to co-ordinate and ensure that all relevant issues are included in the design such as safety & health, environmental considerations, standards and schedules of finishes and fittings, site investigation data, necessary survey reports and statutory approvals are obtained. We pre-qualify contractors, carry out tender analysis and recommend for tender award to the client a competently procured contractor. Preparation of contract documentation is also carried out by us.
- Construction stage. At this stage we deal with challenges as they arise and depending on the nature of the project provide remedial action is rapidly taken so as not to hinder the progress of the project. We endeavour to emphasize on the project consulting team to optimize on costs and minimize variations to the project that will have cost implications without the authority of the client and at the same time not compromising on the quality of the project. Any interim payment certificates is evaluated and certified for payment to the client, resolution of disputes is also handled by us. Facilitating and attending of meetings with both the client and the project team. We always do give detailed reports to the client at the end of every stage to help track the progress of the project.
- Commissioning stage. This is a stage where we shall prepare to hand/over the project to the client but only after ensuring that all services have been tested and fine tuned, training on the best use of the building or facility is done, and all occupation requirements are met.
The As-Built-Drawings and all other documentation are properly filed and handed over to the client.
You guys have always been great to work with and I appreciate the quality your group has always provided. You did extra things for us so that we would be happy with the results. I would highly recommend Berlconsult Co and Eng. Owitti.
Owitti and team did an excellent job with communication, always keeping us informed. His work was great and he often went over and above what was expected of him to make sure our locations were ready to be moved in.